Friday, August 28, 2009

Just a Thought

Rumor has it that these are my great-great grandparents on my father's side. . . his Grandma S's parents. I have cool things that came from him. I have a corner shelf and a dresser he made with his own hands, and I have two plots in the family portion of the old cemetery. Who'da thunkit?

I have been trying to think of something to update this stupid blog for a week, and can't come up with anything. In desperation, I uploaded a bunch of random pictures and we'll go from there. Themes are a good thing, and I would prefer to stick with them, but my horizons are very limited lately. I suppose I should do something about that. I get up in the morning, get on the computer and have coffee, go to work, get on the computer and work, come home, pop a beer, get on the computer, have supper, then go to bed and read or watch tv. Wow. I'm a fireball, ain't I?



This is something I do on the computer. I have a killer camera and some good photo programs, and Sister is teaching me how to do things. It's a lot of fun, but my lack of imagination and creativity throws a monkey wrench in the works. I'm a copier.

Do you realize summer is nearly over? Next week is September! The six year minimum I have until I can retire doesn't even worry me, because it will be over in a flash. Heck, last week I was 30 and the week before that 16. I wonder what my kids would think of me if they had known me when I was 16. They wouldn't recognize me.



This guy will always be a favorite of mine. He represents so many people, doesn't he? He goes through his daily life having his arse chewed off, and it's business as usual.

Who determines who is the chewer and who is the chewee? Chewees of the world, wake up! You don't have to be a chewee! Bite back and you might be surprised. It took me long enough to learn that, but it works. You don't have to turn into a chewer, but refusing to be a chewee is empowering. Whew! That got my blood pumping.



This picture was interesting to me on a few different levels. First and foremost, how was Grandpapapapa going to get up off the floor with his two new knees? Little Guy likes to climb up into his lap and demand to be beaten. "Beat me up, Grandpa." Just like that. Sweetie B usually minds her own business and he tickles her anyway, Sweetie K puts up with it for a minute then goes somewhere else.

By the way, he got up from the floor, but it was a process.



Being of a morbid nature, The Old Burying Ground in North Carolina caught my attention. It was too early in the year, or the wysteria would have been a blooming canopy. The place even has a guide pamphlet. It has burials ranging from the 1600s to the 1940's. There are soldiers from the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, children and the aged. It was a fascinating walk through history and I could have spent hours there.

You see, I'm a person who lives in the past. If I ever figure out a way to go there and stay, I'm gone.




This is the gate outside of the Tryon Palace, the governor's mansion, in North Carolina. We took the grand tour and I've never seen anything so grand in my life. Look it up on the internet and you will see what I mean. It isn't as big as Williamsburg, but I loved it. I would have liked it even better if Grandpa had felt better. He was a trouper and refused to hold us back, even though I'm sure he felt like death not even warmed over.




Do you ever dream of things like this? Again, too early in the spring, but it was awesome. I can't even remember what you call it, and it has a name. Maybe it will come to me another day. There was a huge magnolia tree at the end of the back yard and I could see why my friend from Louisiana wanted one in his yard.




Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . . . I haven't done any knitting to speak of in nearly a year. Can't concentrate. I can tell it's getting closer, because I'm starting to read again, and that means knitting isn't far behind. I'm nearly done with a stole that I'm working on for a very dear lady. I wanted to give it to her for Christmas last year, and there's no reason that I shouldn't have had it done, but it isn't much farther along now than it was then. A good 24 hours of work would finish it, so I'd better get in the mood again. I have a red one to finish too. I have another white one to finish too. I put those aside because I had bitten off more than I could chew with them and set them aside until I learned more. I should be able to do them now. I know what to look for.




Oh look. She's an old hippy and she don't know what to do. Can I just tell you that this was the best summer of my life from then to now? We'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment