Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brain Cell Loss

Don't worry, I'll be fine.  I'm a little weak and dizzy, but I have a beer to sustain me. It's been a trying morning, a math morning.  To make it worse, it has been an easy math morning that I couldn't make go from my brain to my fingers, to my spreadsheet, from the bank, etc. and end up with proper results.

It hasn't been that long ago that I did this sort of thing, and much more complicated things, for nine hours a day. . . on my head. . . . barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. Yeah, those days are gone.  To add insult to injury, just because it is finished to my satisfaction today doesn't mean it won't be indecipherable tomorrow.  To heck with it, let tomorrow fall where it may.

After spending three hours on a 20 minute project, I felt so efficient that I checked on different insurance for the cars and house.  I didn't feel cocky enough to make a decision on that, so I'll wait and see what Hubby has to say.

I actually got him a valentine this year.  It's probably the third card I've given him in 22 years, but it was funny.  On the inside are a little old couple, cheek to cheek, looking sweet. She tells him he still makes her heart race. Also on the inside Little Old Man's hand moves up and down.  All the way open, the man's hand moves to the lady's chest, and she says, "That's not my heart."  On closing the card a little, the hand moves lower. The back of the card says, "That's not my heart either."  It made me snort.

One day I was sitting in my chair enjoying a happy bum and this is what I saw:

Hubby's mom showed up in the heart perfectly.  It was awesome. Check out what the front of the card says.

After expending so much energy on mathematical and computer effort, the rest of the day must be  spent listening to audio books and knitting.  It's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment