Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lesson #1

Yesterday was a big day for me.  Hubby is gone from Friday night until Sunday morning, the house is clean, and I don't have to do laundry until Monday.  Little Sister's husband worked yesterday, and Big Sister is an at-will woman.  It only seemed logical that we should do something together.

I felt like I was being naughty by leaving home.  My brain said, "Hey! You've been naughty by losing your job, so you just stay home and make do. Twit."  Luckily, and with some effort, my mouth told Brain to eat rocks.



We had a good time, as we always do when we are together. Except we tried to out-tough each other by walking the biggest part of around the reservoir.  I estimate we went a good four miles.  

Before you say anything about running five miles before breakfast, on one leg, uphill with your eyes shut, keep something in mind.  We are old broads.  We range from 51 to 61 and we two older gals have lived very sedentary lives.  Knitting is our most vigorous exercise. 

That is one of the things I want most to change in my new circumstances. I used to see people out walking each morning as I drove to work, rain or shine.  As I drove past them, I would think that someday I'd do that. (Don't talk to me about the treadmill in the basement.  I'll use it someday.)

Honey said I could be retired, unless we get into dire straits.  I'm in! I'm in! 


How can you pass up a good dragonfly picture.  There were zallions of them and other creepy crawlies, but this guy was almost the only one who would cooperated for a photo op.


 Unless you count the dirty dancers, but I think they were just really tired and had to land for a few minutes.  Tee hee.


Anyway, I learned a lesson yesterday.  It is all right for me to leave the house and yard, as long as my chores are done.  Mom would never believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment